Thursday, March 8, 2012

CPU, Physical IO, & Memory Usage

I was wondering about what the values in Management->Current
Activity->Process Info represent. Are the values for CPU, Physical IO, &
Memory Usage cumulative or do they represent a max or a current value?
The reason I'm wondering is that I saw a large value for Memory Usage by a
process recently. The value was in the millions. Most other processes had
values < 100 and some went up to 4000 or so.
Should I be worrying about such a large value for any of these parameters?
Thanks
--
MGThey are cumulative values from the time the user logged on. For the most
part they are pretty useless.
--
Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP
"MGeles" <michael.geles@.thomson.com> wrote in message
news:A0B603E2-0C4A-4A5A-839F-DE3CB94FCE42@.microsoft.com...
>I was wondering about what the values in Management->Current
> Activity->Process Info represent. Are the values for CPU, Physical IO, &
> Memory Usage cumulative or do they represent a max or a current value?
> The reason I'm wondering is that I saw a large value for Memory Usage by a
> process recently. The value was in the millions. Most other processes
> had
> values < 100 and some went up to 4000 or so.
> Should I be worrying about such a large value for any of these parameters?
> Thanks
> --
> MG

No comments:

Post a Comment