Sunday, March 11, 2012

CPU, Physical IO, & Memory Usage

I was wondering about what the values in Management->Current
Activity->Process Info represent. Are the values for CPU, Physical IO, &
Memory Usage cumulative or do they represent a max or a current value?
The reason I'm wondering is that I saw a large value for Memory Usage by a
process recently. The value was in the millions. Most other processes had
values < 100 and some went up to 4000 or so.
Should I be worrying about such a large value for any of these parameters?
Thanks
MG
They are cumulative values from the time the user logged on. For the most
part they are pretty useless.
Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP
"MGeles" <michael.geles@.thomson.com> wrote in message
news:A0B603E2-0C4A-4A5A-839F-DE3CB94FCE42@.microsoft.com...
>I was wondering about what the values in Management->Current
> Activity->Process Info represent. Are the values for CPU, Physical IO, &
> Memory Usage cumulative or do they represent a max or a current value?
> The reason I'm wondering is that I saw a large value for Memory Usage by a
> process recently. The value was in the millions. Most other processes
> had
> values < 100 and some went up to 4000 or so.
> Should I be worrying about such a large value for any of these parameters?
> Thanks
> --
> MG

No comments:

Post a Comment