Thursday, March 8, 2012

CPU Usage(%), Logical IO Performed (%) Usage for Adhoc Queries is 90%

Hello, When I am seeing SQL Server 2005 Management studio Server Dashboard> I am seeing my(USERS) databases and msdb database usage is very small % of in CPU Usage(%), Logical IO Performed (%) Usage pie chart.

90% of Total cpu usage is showing for Adhoc Queries. what excatly this means in Dashboard? if application uses more than it would have shown in Database level or not?

sicerely this dashboard is good, if any one is watching daily, please advice their experiences here.

Thanks in advance. Hail SQL Server!

This means that of all the CPU and I/O performed 90% is coming from Adhoc Queries, it does not mean 90% CPU usage.

WesleyB

Visit my SQL Server weblog @. http://dis4ea.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment