Thursday, March 8, 2012

CPU Use Rising

Hello Group,
what is a good starting point setting a trace to troubleshoot CPU usage? My
network admin asked me to look at one of the servers: it seems after our
weekly restarts, the CPU usage keeps rising. What can I begin to look at to
determine what is causing this?
Rich,
Start with Task Manager to determine what app is causing the issue. If SQL
Server, then drill down using System Monitor and Profiler.
HTH
Jerry
"Rich" <Rich@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B55F66D8-C41D-4C04-9BC6-87F176891311@.microsoft.com...
> Hello Group,
> what is a good starting point setting a trace to troubleshoot CPU usage?
> My
> network admin asked me to look at one of the servers: it seems after our
> weekly restarts, the CPU usage keeps rising. What can I begin to look at
> to
> determine what is causing this?

No comments:

Post a Comment