Sunday, March 11, 2012

CR Viewer Logon Failure

Hi Everbody,
I have developed a report in CR 9 and it is working perfectly well when run from CR. My problem is as follows:
I have developed a VB application containing a crystal report viewer. Here on click of a button I'm loading the CR by passing parameters to it.
But when I try to run the application its gives me an error as
Logon failed - Details:28000 [ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Login failed for user "ab".
I have no code for database connection in VB, just the Openreport and viewReport commands.

Why am I getting such an error in VB when I 'm able to run the CR separately successfully with the same username/password?

Please help its really urgent.Do you have a DSN pointing to your database?|||Yes, I have a system DSN configured with SQL authentication to my required database server and I'm able to successfully connect to it.This DSN I'm using to create the crystal report.
Any reasons why I'm not able to run the VB application????|||How are you referencing your DSN in your code? Can you paste that function?

No comments:

Post a Comment