Sunday, March 11, 2012

CR XI and VB6 prints some blank rows

I've been trying to move some more complex reports from VB DataReports to CR.

I have a CR report that is linked at runtime to a ADO recordset. Although the recordset has some NULL data, entire rows of information will come up blank. If I put in a null substitution in the fields, the substitution shows up. The correct number or rows are printed in the report, just some are blank.

Here some basic facts:
1. If I link to a VB6 DataReport, all data is displayed.
2. I setup a form with a listView to print out the exact recordset that I'm linking and all the data is present.
3. If I just run the query in SQL Enterprise Manager, it returns the correct data.
4. It's not random, it is always the same records (not matter how their selected) that show up blank.

Is there something that would tell CR to ignore a whole line if some or any of the values are null?Sorry...this appears to be a ADO issue...my mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment