Thursday, March 8, 2012

CPU utilization not even

Hi
I have windows 2000 advanced server and sql server 2000 EE. It is used for
datawarehouse . A report, which used to finish in 20 minutes now it is
taking 4 hours to finish. It is same query same indexes same database. I
look at the perf counters one cpu(4) is at 70% (average)utilization others
are at 3% (average). I also checked the interupts are 560/sec, I guess it
is something abnormal, can someone help me out
Thanks,
Subbu.Hi
In the server settings, check that Maximum Query Plan threshold is at least
5. Looks like your query is only using 1 processor. Also check the SQL
Server is configured to use all processors.
Both are on the Processor tab on the Properties page for the Server.
Regards
--
Mike Epprecht, Microsoft SQL Server MVP
Zurich, Switzerland
IM: mike@.epprecht.net
MVP Program: http://www.microsoft.com/mvp
Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/epprecht/
"Subbaiahd" <subbaiahd@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:#P4yg0A9EHA.2156@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi
> I have windows 2000 advanced server and sql server 2000 EE. It is used for
> datawarehouse . A report, which used to finish in 20 minutes now it is
> taking 4 hours to finish. It is same query same indexes same database. I
> look at the perf counters one cpu(4) is at 70% (average)utilization others
> are at 3% (average). I also checked the interupts are 560/sec, I guess
it
> is something abnormal, can someone help me out
> Thanks,
> Subbu.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment