Thursday, March 8, 2012

CPU Utilization

Hi All,

I want to keep track of the CPU utilization & number of users connected for each database on our production box. I chose to get the data from sysprocesses table from master database.

But I realised that for some reason the master..sysprocesses.CPU column stays static or just keeps on adding to existing values.

Is there any ways thru which I can clear this data ( cpu column in sysprocesses table) after I have captured it in a table ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.You may be better off using perfmon with those two counters. yOu can put the output to a .csv, for later import into databases. This will not give you CPU usage per connection, however, so it is somewhat useless if you want to do chargebacks of some sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment