Monday, March 19, 2012

CR8.5 and VB6 - I dont want it to create the form!

Every time I add a new Crystal Report to my VB6 project it used to ask if I wanted to add a form with the viewer control on it automatically (it also asked something else, but I can't remember what). I got sick of hitting "No" then "OK" so I checked the "don't ask me this question again" style box.

Now, every time I add a report it also adds a form to my project with the viewer control. I don't want it to do this, as it's annoying removing the useless form and it is screwing with my source control. And it does it even though when i checked the "don't ask me... " i told it not to create the form.

So I've checked all the settings I can find and I can't find anything to stop it happening. Does anyone have a quick fix to this before I go trawling through the registry to find a solution?update - i trawled the registry, found some likely candidates, but none of them worked. It's real frustrating, so any help will be appreciated, but I can live with it (I've lived with worse)

No comments:

Post a Comment