Monday, March 19, 2012

Crash of Enterprise Manager, strange solution

Hi,
Every time I try to use enterprise manager it suddenlly crashes.
The server is on, I can access it in other ways but without using
enterprise manager.
I removed sqlserver from the system, and installed it again.
I also installed the service pack 4.
I made many attempt to solve the problem.
At last I renamed the file "C:\Program files\Microsoft SQL
Server\80\Tools\BINN\SQL Server Enterprise Manager.MSC", double click
et voila EM runs well again.
Does anyone know why?
Thanks
MassimoHi
I presume copying the MMC back to the original file name MMC still fails? In
which case MMC there must be some configuration information linked to the
file name.
John
"mappopo" wrote:

> Hi,
> Every time I try to use enterprise manager it suddenlly crashes.
> The server is on, I can access it in other ways but without using
> enterprise manager.
> I removed sqlserver from the system, and installed it again.
> I also installed the service pack 4.
> I made many attempt to solve the problem.
> At last I renamed the file "C:\Program files\Microsoft SQL
> Server\80\Tools\BINN\SQL Server Enterprise Manager.MSC", double click
> et voila EM runs well again.
> Does anyone know why?
> Thanks
> Massimo
>|||I think so. Where are those informations?|||Hi
I would have expected it to be in the registry, but searching it didn't seem
to turn up anything!
John
"mappopo" wrote:

> I think so. Where are those informations?
>

No comments:

Post a Comment