Monday, March 19, 2012

Crash of Enterprise Manager.

Hi,
Every time I try to use enterprise manager it suddenlly crashes.
The server is on, I can access it in other ways but without using
enterprise manager.
I removed sqlserver from the system, and installed it again.
I also installed the service pack 4.
Any hint?
Thanks
MassimoHi,
sounds like you have some problems with Microsoft Management Console (MMC).
Danijel Novak
"mappopo" <massimo.petrillo@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1135000434.876224.255900@.g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Hi,
> Every time I try to use enterprise manager it suddenlly crashes.
> The server is on, I can access it in other ways but without using
> enterprise manager.
> I removed sqlserver from the system, and installed it again.
> I also installed the service pack 4.
> Any hint?
> Thanks
> Massimo
>|||What have I to do?|||Hi,
Try reinstalling MMC from
%CD%:\x86\other\instmmc.exe
%CD% is a letter of SQL Server CD-ROM.
Danijel Novak
"mappopo" <massimo.petrillo@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1135065562.406941.165770@.g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> What have I to do?
>|||I already done that.
If I log in (to the machine) as a different user, Enterprise manager
runs well. Only with my account it crashes.
Have you more hints for me?
Thanks for your help.|||Hi,
It couldbe a problem with profile for this user.
Are other MMC consoles running OK?
Maybe you can try deleting the profile and creating one from the scratch for
this user.
Danijel Novak
"mappopo" <massimo.petrillo@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1135098033.010474.95190@.g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>I already done that.
> If I log in (to the machine) as a different user, Enterprise manager
> runs well. Only with my account it crashes.
> Have you more hints for me?
> Thanks for your help.
>|||My profile come from active directory domain. I have no permission to
delete it and create it again.
Other mmc are ok, in effect I use "manage computer" (I hope the
translation is correct, I get it with a right click on "my computer")
to connect to the local instace of sql server.
I am preatty sure that the problem is in some settings but I do noty
know where are those settiongs.
Do you know it?
Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment