Monday, March 19, 2012

Crash of Enterprise Manager.

Hi,
Every time I try to use enterprise manager it suddenlly crashes.
The server is on, I can access it in other ways but without using
enterprise manager.
I removed sqlserver from the system, and installed it again.
I also installed the service pack 4.
Any hint?
Thanks
MassimoHi,
sounds like you have some problems with Microsoft Management Console (MMC).
--
Danijel Novak
"mappopo" <massimo.petrillo@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1135000434.876224.255900@.g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Hi,
> Every time I try to use enterprise manager it suddenlly crashes.
> The server is on, I can access it in other ways but without using
> enterprise manager.
> I removed sqlserver from the system, and installed it again.
> I also installed the service pack 4.
> Any hint?
> Thanks
> Massimo
>|||What have I to do?|||Hi,
Try reinstalling MMC from
%CD%:\x86\other\instmmc.exe
%CD% is a letter of SQL Server CD-ROM.
--
Danijel Novak
"mappopo" <massimo.petrillo@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1135065562.406941.165770@.g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> What have I to do?
>|||I already done that.
If I log in (to the machine) as a different user, Enterprise manager
runs well. Only with my account it crashes.
Have you more hints for me?
Thanks for your help.|||Hi,
It couldbe a problem with profile for this user.
Are other MMC consoles running OK?
Maybe you can try deleting the profile and creating one from the scratch for
this user.
--
Danijel Novak
"mappopo" <massimo.petrillo@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1135098033.010474.95190@.g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>I already done that.
> If I log in (to the machine) as a different user, Enterprise manager
> runs well. Only with my account it crashes.
> Have you more hints for me?
> Thanks for your help.
>|||My profile come from active directory domain. I have no permission to
delete it and create it again.
Other mmc are ok, in effect I use "manage computer" (I hope the
translation is correct, I get it with a right click on "my computer")
to connect to the local instace of sql server.
I am preatty sure that the problem is in some settings but I do noty
know where are those settiongs.
Do you know it?
Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment