Thursday, March 29, 2012

Create and manage Store Procedures from inside VS

With a local conn to SQL2000 I can edit sprocs no problem, but if I change the connection to a remote computer (to which I have all permissions) I cannot create or manage stored procedures from within VS IDE? Is there a work around?

I noticed that a procedure written for the localhost accepts CREATE PROCEDURE and changes it to ALTER PROCEDURE. When I script the sprocs from my development machine to the server, those scripts with ALTER in them do not work. I change them to CREATE and they work fine.

I haven't found anything yet on MSDN about this, but will continue to look.

Thanks in advance,

_EHi _E

You may have better luck with this question in the SQL Server Tools - General forum.
Allan|||Thanks, I'll try there. Didn't know if it was an IDE or SQL thing.

_E

No comments:

Post a Comment