Thursday, March 29, 2012

Create an automatic SUM ROW

Hello.
In a previous program i used to create reports, I had the option to enter a "SUM ROW".

I saw that in RS2005 I can check the "add total" when using the report wizard and it will create for me a row with SUM for my column.

Is there a way to create a row like this automatically with out the wizard (a sum row for all my columns instead of creating a textbox with "sum" for each column)?

Thanks in advance,
Roy.

Hi,

nom this behaviour is influenced by the normal summing / grouping operations. A sum in a row has nothing to do with this. I don′t think that the standard behaviour of the wizrad cab be changed in Reporting Services.

HTH, Jens SUessmeyer.


http://www.sqlserver2005.de

|||Hi Jens, Thanks for the replay.

I don't want the "standard behaviour" of the wizard to change.
I'll like the "SUM" je is makeing in the entire row.
what i whanted to know is:
if i'm making my own report, not with the wizard, is there a simple way to create a sum row like the wizard with out creating a textbox for every column manually?

Thanks in advance,
Roy.
|||

After making the report with the wizard you can simply use the Expression =SUM(Fields!SomeValueinQuery1.Value + Fields!SomeValueinQuery2.Value + Fields!SomeValueinQuery3.Value +Fields!SomeValueinQuery4.Value) OR use the appropiate ReportItems!Textbox1.Value, but there is no function like in Excel which automatically tries to gues what you want to summarize (even this function in Excel sometime guesses wrong what you want to achieve :-) )

HTH, Jens SUessmeyer.


http://www.sqlserver2005.de

No comments:

Post a Comment