Thursday, March 29, 2012

Create an index in a PDF file

Hi!!

I have a report that is exported to a PDF file... Is possible to get an index in the beginning of the file? I have the page number at the bottom of each page but i would need an index...

Thx in advance!!

Any idea? Isn′t possible to do it? At the moment, I havent found anything linked with this...|||

Hi Sergio,

Do you mean a document map? Check out this link: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms156383.aspx

|||

Hi Brad!!

not exactly... i would like to appear something similar but in a page in the beginning of the PDF document including the page number where each element is, i.e. the tables of the document... is there any option to do this? it′s very similar to the document map but with the page number...

I see two problems:

- I was thinking of using "=Globals.PageNumber" but i can′t, it says me that only can be placed in the header or the footer...

- and the other problem is setting the content of the document map in a page of the PDF... could I do this?

Perhaps, this is a bit difficult but I am always looking for challenges ... any suggestions? thx in advance!!

Sergio

|||I know of no way to accomplish exactly what you are looking for sorry to say. The document map links to items as repeated on pages. But I am not sure what you mean by "setting the content of the document map in a page of the PDF". If you mean as a page, there is no way to control this.|||

Hi Brad,

that was exactly i ment: i want to show it as a page, but if there is no way to do it... anyway, thank you for your help...

Sergio

No comments:

Post a Comment