Sunday, March 25, 2012

Create a Sequential Line Count for Group...

I have a report that groups by item number but then is filtered by a
parameter to only show the top # the user has entered. Does anyone
know if it is possible to number the results I return so that the user
can see how that particular record ranks with other records? Basically
I want to be able to have the user see 1 for the top item sold, 2 for
the second most items sold, etc...Try using
=Rownumber(Groupname)
--
Wayne Snyder, MCDBA, SQL Server MVP
Mariner, Charlotte, NC
www.mariner-usa.com
(Please respond only to the newsgroups.)
I support the Professional Association of SQL Server (PASS) and it's
community of SQL Server professionals.
www.sqlpass.org
"Brent" <Brent.Raymond@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1126532242.793502.287600@.o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
>I have a report that groups by item number but then is filtered by a
> parameter to only show the top # the user has entered. Does anyone
> know if it is possible to number the results I return so that the user
> can see how that particular record ranks with other records? Basically
> I want to be able to have the user see 1 for the top item sold, 2 for
> the second most items sold, etc...
>

No comments:

Post a Comment