Thursday, March 29, 2012

create an installer for sql server 2005 db

Can anyone tell how can I create an installer for sql server database.

What do you mean with an installer for sql databases?

|||

The two popular methods to package a database are:

1. as empty database backup file

2. as a t-sql script

Microsoft actually employs the second method for their database deployment. You can take a look at "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Install\instnwnd.sql" file for an example of Northwind database delivery.

|||

I am desigining a small database for my application. The users who use my application, I want to let them install the sql database too. Just like .msi packages u have for web applications, where you get the gui to install the application, I am wondering if you can do the same way or some other better approach to do this.

|||

Take a look at sqlexpress redistribution.

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/editions/express/redistregister.mspx

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment