Thursday, March 29, 2012

Create an automated routine to check database definitions

Is there any utility, command, or query in SQL Server, that I can execute
from a batch mode to script out all of my database definitions (tables,
columns, sp, functions, indexes, constraints, triggers, etc.) so I can creat
e
an automated routine to check database definitions?
--
Jason"JasonDWilson" <JasonDWilson@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:7B571D73-00F3-425B-BB96-555A028AC91F@.microsoft.com...
> Is there any utility, command, or query in SQL Server, that I can execute
> from a batch mode to script out all of my database definitions (tables,
> columns, sp, functions, indexes, constraints, triggers, etc.) so I can
> create
> an automated routine to check database definitions?
I wrote one some time ago, using DMO. I can provide compiled exe or sources
if you want. AFAIR works only with integrated security (kind of bug I never
really needed to fix). Works fine if you need to monitor database (or all
databases) schema.
Cheers,
Wojtek|||Yes, that would be great. Can I get both? I will need to modify to work
with sql authentication.
Thanks,
--
Jason
"Wojtek Garwol" wrote:

> "JasonDWilson" <JasonDWilson@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:7B571D73-00F3-425B-BB96-555A028AC91F@.microsoft.com...
> I wrote one some time ago, using DMO. I can provide compiled exe or source
s
> if you want. AFAIR works only with integrated security (kind of bug I neve
r
> really needed to fix). Works fine if you need to monitor database (or all
> databases) schema.
> Cheers,
> Wojtek
>
>|||Sure:
http://www.garwol.net/DbCompare.src.zip
http://www.garwol.net/DbCompare.exe.zip
Enjoy
Cheers,
Wojtek
"JasonDWilson" <JasonDWilson@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:45287186-E6D8-47E8-8194-DB2523FDF881@.microsoft.com...[vbcol=seagreen]
> Yes, that would be great. Can I get both? I will need to modify to work
> with sql authentication.
> Thanks,
> --
> Jason
>
> "Wojtek Garwol" wrote:
>

No comments:

Post a Comment